Re: [RedHotJazz] Tony Parenti: what to buy?

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
      If your interest is mainly in 20s jazz and hot dance music, the record by Parenti to get is definitely Frog DGF 4 "Strut Yo Stuff", which has all of Parenti's recordings under his own name from that decade. This has state-of-the-art audio restoration work by the late John RT Davies. There is much Parenti from the 40s to the 70s on various labels owned by George H. Buck, most of which can be safely recommended.

      Michael Rader

      > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      In 5 Schritten zur eigenen Homepage. Jetzt Domain sichern und gestalten!
      Nur 3,99 EUR/Monat! http://www.maildomain.web.de/?mc=021114
    • Mark Harwood
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2007
        Thanks Michael.
        I've ordered "Strut Yo' Stuff".
        I wonder whether there will ever be full acknowledgement of John R.T.
        Davies's services to recorded jazz. It would have been nice to have
        been able to thank him personally for the work he did.
        Any other recommendations about Tony Parenti and this style of music
        are still welcome.

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@...>
        wrote:

        > If your interest is mainly in 20s jazz and hot dance music, the
        record by Parenti to get is definitely Frog DGF 4 "Strut Yo Stuff",
        which has all of Parenti's recordings under his own name from that
        decade. This has state-of-the-art audio restoration work by the late
        John RT Davies. There is much Parenti from the 40s to the 70s on
        various labels owned by George H. Buck, most of which can be safely
        recommended.

        > Michael Rader
        >
        > > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

        ___

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2007
          Thanks Mordechai. Will do.
          Guidance from more knowledgeable folks such as yourself helps too,
          though.

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>
          wrote:

          > My advice is to go to the Redhotjazz.com site and look up the
          recordings of Anthony Parenti. Here you can listen to them and then
          buy what you like. His solo recording of Old Man Rhytm is a
          superlative recording.

          align:right;padding-right:.5em;}