Re: [RedHotJazz] Jewish influence (Was Re: Earliest jazz in Europe)

    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 31, 1941
      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@...> wrote:
      >>We really don't need it here!
      >> It's not even funny.
      >>

      > If Patrice thinks it doesn't belong here that's fine. But it is much
      > more on our topic than other posts. It is biased and racist but that's
      > not the first time in Jazz history. One can't deal with it and can't
      > strip the Jazz claims part from the general bias has a big
      > intellectual problem IMO of learning from history.
      >
      > I want to personally thank Patrice for being a fine host on this list,
      > and if he decides to delete the post, I won't mind or complain.
      > tommersl

      Maybe I'm a fine host, but I have a very poor sense of diplomacy - the
      reason why I had decided to ignore your previous mail, which I thought was
      sent in pointless self-defense, and just wait until the subject died out by
      itself.
      Being utterly thick, I do not understand why you are aiming at me what is
      clearly a reply to Howard, and I even less understand where is the connexion
      between Mr Henry Ford's well-known paranoid delirium about Jews and pre-war
      jazz.
      I am deeply sorry I failed to understand part of the grammar in your
      statement, but to me the intellectual problem is that, although historically
      very interesting as the ideological background which can remind everyone who
      forgot that Mr. Hiltler would have remained a completely obscure activist
      without the massive support of American capitalism, and politically
      interesting as a contemporary trend which refits old ideas into new
      "theories", neither Mr Henry Ford's appreciation of Jazz nor the Islamist
      extrapolation reaching as far back as King Solomon or anyone else seem to me
      of
      any interest regarding the history of jazz. We are not dealing with the
      influence and talent of New York Jews in the 20's here, but with
      contemporary hatred pointing out some fictional atavism.