Jewish influence (Was Re: Earliest jazz in Europe)

  • Tommer
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 30 1:32 PM
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Patrice Champarou"
      <patrice.champarou@...> wrote:

      > Hi Tommer
      >
      > The previous link was already suspicious, although some folks with a
      serious
      > sense of humour may think it was funny, but the page you mentioned
      is just a
      > collection of racist commonplaces. You can make whatever you wish
      fit into
      > that, everything being contained in everything and vice-versa.
      >
      > My humble opinion.
      >
      > Patrice

      Patrice, I find it interesting to see that Ford underestimated Jazz as
      significance in art. Ford was actually the herald and godfather of
      globalization.
      tommersl
    • Tommer
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 1, 2007
        >We really don't need it here!
        > It's not even funny.

        If Patrice thinks it doesn't belong here that's fine. But it is much
        more on our topic than other posts. It is biased and racist but that's
        not the first time in Jazz history. One can't deal with it and can't
        strip the Jazz claims part from the general bias has a big
        intellectual problem IMO of learning from history.

        I want to personally thank Patrice for being a fine host on this list,
        and if he decides to delete the post, I won't mind or complain.
        tommersl
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 1, 2007
          > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@...> wrote:
          >>We really don't need it here!
          >> It's not even funny.
          >>

          > If Patrice thinks it doesn't belong here that's fine. But it is much
          > more on our topic than other posts. It is biased and racist but that's
          > not the first time in Jazz history. One can't deal with it and can't
          > strip the Jazz claims part from the general bias has a big
          > intellectual problem IMO of learning from history.
          >
          > I want to personally thank Patrice for being a fine host on this list,
          > and if he decides to delete the post, I won't mind or complain.
          > tommersl

          Maybe I'm a fine host, but I have a very poor sense of diplomacy - the
          reason why I had decided to ignore your previous mail, which I thought was
          sent in pointless self-defense, and just wait until the subject died out by
          itself.
          Being utterly thick, I do not understand why you are aiming at me what is
          clearly a reply to Howard, and I even less understand where is the connexion
          between Mr Henry Ford's well-known paranoid delirium about Jews and pre-war
          jazz.
          I am deeply sorry I failed to understand part of the grammar in your
          statement, but to me the intellectual problem is that, although historically
          very interesting as the ideological background which can remind everyone who
          forgot that Mr. Hiltler would have remained a completely obscure activist
          without the massive support of American capitalism, and politically
          interesting as a contemporary trend which refits old ideas into new
          "theories", neither Mr Henry Ford's appreciation of Jazz nor the Islamist
          extrapolation reaching as far back as King Solomon or anyone else seem to me
          of
          any interest regarding the history of jazz. We are not dealing with the
          influence and talent of New York Jews in the 20's here, but with
          contemporary hatred pointing out some fictional atavism.