new Frog CDs

  • aclassicjazzfan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Frog's website is advertsing two new CDs: "Clarence Williams, 1930-
      1941" and "Five Birmingham Babies."

      Gerard
    • Fredamhran@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2005
        Mention of new Frog CDs reminds me that this site was recently the scene of
        some animated correspondence about JSP's underhanded ripping off various small
        reissue companies. Frog was one of the companies mentioned.

        Purely by chance, I came across a JSP LP of the blues singers, Johnny Shines
        and Blind Will Dukes the other day. The sleeve note contains this rather
        memorable quote.

        "And to finish. As I have mentioned Robert Johnson so much and his influence
        is felt so
        strongly on the music contained on this album, who are the bastards who are
        holding on to the several photographs of Robert Johnson that are known to
        exist but which have never been published. These people are presumably trying to
        get some financial reward from their eventual publication. Forget the
        Dollars guys, publish them now!" John Stedman

        What splendid advice. What a grand source for it come from.

        Fred McCormick.