Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: RHJA Mac friendly?

  • Midgie
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2007
      Try an older Realplayer...

      http://www.oldversion.com/

      Midgie

      On 9/9/07, revry <revry@...> wrote:

      > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
      > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
      > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
      > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
      > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
      > here?
      >
      > -=-Ron-=-

      > -=-Ron Evry-=-
      > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
      > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
      > Real Audio to play...it says
      > > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
      > when I check my Real
      > > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
      > >
      > > Thank you,

    • revry
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2007
        Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the Real
        Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
        HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim to
        be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
        Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
        Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music. There's no
        need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.

        -=-Ron-=-

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@...> wrote:

        > Try an older Realplayer...
        >
        > http://www.oldversion.com/
        >
        > Midgie
        >

        > On 9/9/07, revry <revry@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
        > > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
        > > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
        > > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
        > > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
        > > here?
        > >
        > > -=-Ron-=-

        > > -=-Ron Evry-=-
        > > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
        > > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

        > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
        > > Real Audio to play...it says
        > > > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
        > > when I check my Real
        > > > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
        > > >
        > > > Thank you,

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Nick Ribush
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 24, 2007
          Thank you...I've done that (and also reset my RA) but it's still not working...still get the
          message "some needed components were not available ( RA 3.0)"

          Any other ideas?

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "revry" <revry@...> wrote:

          > Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the Real
          > Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
          > HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim to
          > be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
          > Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
          > Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music. There's
          no
          > need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.
          >
          > -=-Ron-=-
          >

          > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Try an older Realplayer...
          > >
          > > http://www.oldversion.com/
          > >
          > > Midgie
          > >

          > > On 9/9/07, revry <revry@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
          > > > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
          > > > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
          > > > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
          > > > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
          > > > here?
          > > >
          > > > -=-Ron-=-

          > > > -=-Ron Evry-=-
          > > > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
          > > > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

          > > > Real Audio to play...it says
          > > > when I check my Real

          > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • revry
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25, 2007
            Well, you still need to download the RA 3.0 codecs, but with the "rosetta" checked off, they
            will work...

            -=-Ron-=-

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:

            > Thank you...I've done that (and also reset my RA) but it's still not working...still get the
            > message "some needed components were not available ( RA 3.0)"
            >
            > Any other ideas?

            > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "revry" <revry@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the
            Real
            > > Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
            > > HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim
            > > be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
            > > Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
            > > Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music.
            There's
            > no
            > > need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.
            > >
            > > -=-Ron-=-
            > >

            > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Try an older Realplayer...
            > > >
            > > > http://www.oldversion.com/
            > > >
            > > > Midgie

          • Nick Ribush
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
              Thank you Ron...before I could do that I was on the Riverwalk site and tried to play a tune
              and it automatically took me to the RA 3.0 codec download and now it works fine!

              Thanks again.