Re: RHJA Mac friendly?

  • revry
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2007
      I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
      from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
      even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
      happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
      perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
      here?

      -=-Ron-=-

      -=-Ron Evry-=-
      Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
      http://slapcast.com/users/revry

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:

      > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
      Real Audio to play...it says
      > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
      when I check my Real
      > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
      >
      > Thank you,

    • Midgie
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2007
        Try an older Realplayer...

        http://www.oldversion.com/

        Midgie

        On 9/9/07, revry <revry@...> wrote:

        > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
        > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
        > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
        > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
        > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
        > here?
        >
        > -=-Ron-=-

        > -=-Ron Evry-=-
        > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
        > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

        > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
        > Real Audio to play...it says
        > > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
        > when I check my Real
        > > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
        > >
        > > Thank you,

      • revry
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2007
          Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the Real
          Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
          HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim to
          be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
          Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
          Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music. There's no
          need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.

          -=-Ron-=-

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@...> wrote:

          > Try an older Realplayer...
          >
          > http://www.oldversion.com/
          >
          > Midgie
          >

          > On 9/9/07, revry <revry@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
          > > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
          > > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
          > > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
          > > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
          > > here?
          > >
          > > -=-Ron-=-

          > > -=-Ron Evry-=-
          > > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
          > > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

          > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
          > > Real Audio to play...it says
          > > > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
          > > when I check my Real
          > > > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
          > > >
          > > > Thank you,

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Nick Ribush
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 24, 2007
            Thank you...I've done that (and also reset my RA) but it's still not working...still get the
            message "some needed components were not available ( RA 3.0)"

            Any other ideas?

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "revry" <revry@...> wrote:

            > Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the Real
            > Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
            > HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim to
            > be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
            > Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
            > Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music. There's
            no
            > need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.
            >
            > -=-Ron-=-
            >

            > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Try an older Realplayer...
            > >
            > > http://www.oldversion.com/
            > >
            > > Midgie
            > >

            > > On 9/9/07, revry <revry@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
            > > > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
            > > > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
            > > > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
            > > > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
            > > > here?
            > > >
            > > > -=-Ron-=-

            > > > -=-Ron Evry-=-
            > > > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
            > > > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

            > > > Real Audio to play...it says
            > > > when I check my Real

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • revry
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 25, 2007
              Well, you still need to download the RA 3.0 codecs, but with the "rosetta" checked off, they
              will work...

              -=-Ron-=-

              --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:

              > Thank you...I've done that (and also reset my RA) but it's still not working...still get the
              > message "some needed components were not available ( RA 3.0)"
              >
              > Any other ideas?

              > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "revry" <revry@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the
              Real
              > > Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
              > > HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim
              > > be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
              > > Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
              > > Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music.
              There's
              > no
              > > need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.
              > >
              > > -=-Ron-=-
              > >

              > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Try an older Realplayer...
              > > >
              > > > http://www.oldversion.com/
              > > >
              > > > Midgie

            • Nick Ribush
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
                Thank you Ron...before I could do that I was on the Riverwalk site and tried to play a tune
                and it automatically took me to the RA 3.0 codec download and now it works fine!

                Thanks again.