RHJA Mac friendly?

  • Nick Ribush
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2007
      Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's Real Audio to play...it says
      some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and when I check my Real
      Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?

      Thank you,

    • revry
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9, 2007
        I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
        from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
        even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
        happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
        perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
        here?

        -=-Ron-=-

        -=-Ron Evry-=-
        Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
        http://slapcast.com/users/revry

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:

        > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
        Real Audio to play...it says
        > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
        when I check my Real
        > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
        >
        > Thank you,

      • Midgie
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2007
          Try an older Realplayer...

          http://www.oldversion.com/

          Midgie

          On 9/9/07, revry <revry@...> wrote:

          > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
          > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
          > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
          > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
          > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
          > here?
          >
          > -=-Ron-=-

          > -=-Ron Evry-=-
          > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
          > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

          > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
          > Real Audio to play...it says
          > > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
          > when I check my Real
          > > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
          > >
          > > Thank you,

        • revry
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2007
            Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the Real
            Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
            HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim to
            be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
            Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
            Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music. There's no
            need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.

            -=-Ron-=-

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@...> wrote:

            > Try an older Realplayer...
            >
            > http://www.oldversion.com/
            >
            > Midgie
            >

            > On 9/9/07, revry <revry@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
            > > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
            > > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
            > > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
            > > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
            > > here?
            > >
            > > -=-Ron-=-

            > > -=-Ron Evry-=-
            > > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
            > > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

            > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi...since I switched to a Mac a few months ago I can't get RHJA's
            > > Real Audio to play...it says
            > > > some necessary components are needed (but doesn't say which) and
            > > when I check my Real
            > > > Player it says I'm totally updated. Help...?
            > > >
            > > > Thank you,

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Nick Ribush
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 24, 2007
              Thank you...I've done that (and also reset my RA) but it's still not working...still get the
              message "some needed components were not available ( RA 3.0)"

              Any other ideas?

              --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "revry" <revry@...> wrote:

              > Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the Real
              > Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
              > HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim to
              > be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
              > Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
              > Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music. There's
              no
              > need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.
              >
              > -=-Ron-=-
              >

              > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Try an older Realplayer...
              > >
              > > http://www.oldversion.com/
              > >
              > > Midgie
              > >

              > > On 9/9/07, revry <revry@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I switched about a week ago from a Powermac G4 to a Mac Pro. RealAudio
              > > > from RedHotJazz worked fine before, but I get the same error messages,
              > > > even though I am fully up to date -- the odd thing is that this ONLY
              > > > happens with RHJ. When I go to jazz-on-line.com, the Real Audio works
              > > > perfectly. I am assuming that something is quirky with the RA encoding
              > > > here?
              > > >
              > > > -=-Ron-=-

              > > > -=-Ron Evry-=-
              > > > Creator of Mister Ron's Basement podcast on iTunes
              > > > http://slapcast.com/users/revry

              > > > Real Audio to play...it says
              > > > when I check my Real

              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • revry
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 25, 2007
                Well, you still need to download the RA 3.0 codecs, but with the "rosetta" checked off, they
                will work...

                -=-Ron-=-

                --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Ribush" <nickribush@...> wrote:

                > Thank you...I've done that (and also reset my RA) but it's still not working...still get the
                > message "some needed components were not available ( RA 3.0)"
                >
                > Any other ideas?

                > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "revry" <revry@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Well, I discovered the solution for the time being. Apparently files encoded with the
                Real
                > > Audio 3.0 codec are not yet supported on the "universal" version of Real Player 10 --
                > > HOWEVER, until the folks at Real come up with a codec for intel machines (they claim
                > > be working on it as of a couple of weeks ago), all you have to do is highlight the Real
                > > Audio application icon, go to "get info" (command-i) and check off the "Open Using
                > > Rosetta" box. Then relaunch Real Player and it plays all the Red Hot Jazz music.
                There's
                > no
                > > need to downgrade to a lower version of the program.
                > >
                > > -=-Ron-=-
                > >

                > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Midgie <glasser0000@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Try an older Realplayer...
                > > >
                > > > http://www.oldversion.com/
                > > >
                > > > Midgie

              • Nick Ribush
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
                  Thank you Ron...before I could do that I was on the Riverwalk site and tried to play a tune
                  and it automatically took me to the RA 3.0 codec download and now it works fine!

                  Thanks again.