Re: Small combo "hot" swing bands!

  • Fire on Your Sleeve
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 7, 2007
      If Django and his Hot Club are not considered "hot", then what is? What
      about early Louis Armstrong and his Hot Five or Seven?

      -Ryan

      Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger
      Caf´┐Ż. http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline1
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 15, 2007
        You will have to tell the problems --- I am confused as you find them
        'interesting'.

        Seminal in their iconoclasm, revealing the flaws in both.

        They are musical biographies, putting the music first, indulging in personal
        detail to illustrate the music.

        Bergreen I once picked up but replaced on the bookshop shelf after half a
        page. He is a musically ignorant professional biographer.