Small combo "hot" swing bands!

  • fireonyoursleevemusic
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 5, 2007
      Hello,
      I am quite new to the Red Hot Jazz Forum, but I think it is a great
      resource. I was hoping that someone out there might be able to turn me
      on to some great "hot" small combo swing bands. I have always been a
      huge fan of Django Reinhardt and his hot club, but I am know on a
      search to find new bands to listen to.
      Thanks,
      -Ryan
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 15, 2007
        You will have to tell the problems --- I am confused as you find them
        'interesting'.

        Seminal in their iconoclasm, revealing the flaws in both.

        They are musical biographies, putting the music first, indulging in personal
        detail to illustrate the music.

        Bergreen I once picked up but replaced on the bookshop shelf after half a
        page. He is a musically ignorant professional biographer.