Re: tinyurl

    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2005
      on 29/5/05 13:51, Robert Smith at robert.smith@... wrote:

      > I noticed you used a long URL in your reply to Mordechai.
      >
      > This can be shortened to:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/8jr5t
      >
      > by accessing the site tinyurl.com and feeding the long URL into their box.
      > There's no charge for this.

      Hey this is magic! Thanks.

      Message 2 of 11 , May 29, 2005
        While Howard Rye is right in pointing out that Frog (now Dawn Leppard) can sell to anywhere if you have a standard credit card account, I know that Frog also has an exchange deal with Jazz Oracle records of Toronto so that you (particularly North American buyers) can buy from them at the same price they charge for their own productions. The web site is www.jazzoracle.com. Otherwise, they are stocked by Worlds Records (www.worldsrecords.com).

        Howard's reasons for suggesting buying direct are of course perfectly true, but I know some buyers are reluctant to send credit card details to other continents, so North Americans might prefer Canada, which is the next best thing.

        Best wishes,

        Michael Rader
        Karlsruhe, Germany

        Message 3 of 11 , May 29, 2005
          If so, they must have been of very short duration, since I was able to access the site both by typing in the name and by clicking on the link.

          Best

          Michael Rader

          > This site is not currently working:
          >
          > www.jazzoracle.com
          >
          > Perhaps they are having technical difficulties.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Andrew Homzy, Montréal

        • Andrew Homzy

            Message 5 of 11 , May 29, 2005
              Thank you Michael,

              Another series of tries, 30 minutes later, got me to the site.

              Cheers,

              Andrew Homzy, Montréal

              Message 6 of 11 , May 29, 2005
                on 29/5/05 18:05, Andrew Homzy at homzy@... wrote:

                > Thank you Michael,
                >
                > Another series of tries, 30 minutes later, got me to the site.

                For what it's worth I've had problems with the site in the past and I
                suspect they're not paying for very much bandwidth! The solution to this is
                always to try again later (at night if you have the option).