Re: can listen to tunes on archive

  • Ladislav
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "paintedbanjo" <paintedbanjo@...>
      wrote:

      > My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
      > plugin,codec,another player???Please help
      >
      > Thanks-Sergio

      Listening the music from archives doesn´t work al all here today, too.
      I´m worrying that´s the END of Redhotjazz site announced before
      (because of stupid copyrights).
      So terribly sorry !!! drelef

      [Moderation : please don't panic! Unless Scott tells use otherwise, this must be nothing but another temporary failure. The correct reply to Sergio is that realaudio streaming cannot be read by Windows Media Player at all, and never could. You need to install the free version of RealPlayer (from real.com I suppose, but I cannot tell you the detailed procedure because I am automatically redirected to the French site and I guess things work a bit differently)
      P.]
    • Ladislav
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Ladislav" <drelef@...> wrote:

        > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "paintedbanjo" <paintedbanjo@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
        > > plugin,codec,another player???Please help
        > >
        > > Thanks-Sergio
        > >
        > Listening the music from archives doesn´t work al all here today,
        too.
        > I´m worrying that´s the END of Redhotjazz site announced before
        > (because of stupid copyrights).
        > So terribly sorry !!! drelef
        >
        > [Moderation : please don't panic! Unless Scott tells use otherwise,
        this must be nothing but another temporary failure. The correct reply
        to Sergio is that realaudio streaming cannot be read by Windows Media
        Player at all, and never could. You need to install the free version
        of RealPlayer (from real.com I suppose, but I cannot tell you the
        detailed procedure because I am automatically redirected to the
        French site and I guess things work a bit differently)

        I hope You´re right. The REDHOTJAZZ is my most favorite site. Plenty
        of fascinating old music and musicians ... These news of ending
        redhotjazz were hoaxes, weren´t they. drelef

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
          From: "Ladislav"

          > I hope You´re right. The REDHOTJAZZ is my most favorite site. Plenty
          > of fascinating old music and musicians ... These news of ending
          > redhotjazz were hoaxes, weren´t they. drelef

          No hoaxes, just very serious questions from different points of view -
          legal, technical, financial... Unless I've been very absent-minded, I do not
          think Scott informed us of his final decision yet.
          Anyway, the unavailable soundfiles are a much older, recurrent, but quite
          different problem ;-)