Re: can listen to tunes on archive

  • Ladislav
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "paintedbanjo" <paintedbanjo@...>
      wrote:

      > My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
      > plugin,codec,another player???Please help
      >
      > Thanks-Sergio

      Listening the music from archives doesn´t work al all here today, too.
      I´m worrying that´s the END of Redhotjazz site announced before
      (because of stupid copyrights).
      So terribly sorry !!! drelef

      [Moderation : please don't panic! Unless Scott tells use otherwise, this must be nothing but another temporary failure. The correct reply to Sergio is that realaudio streaming cannot be read by Windows Media Player at all, and never could. You need to install the free version of RealPlayer (from real.com I suppose, but I cannot tell you the detailed procedure because I am automatically redirected to the French site and I guess things work a bit differently)
      P.]
    • Ron L
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
        What archive are you talking about, redhotjazz.com? search for and download
        Real Alternative if you are trying to play files from redhotjazz.

        Ron L

        My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
        plugin,codec,another player???Please help

        Thanks-Sergio

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Ladislav
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Ladislav" <drelef@...> wrote:

          > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "paintedbanjo" <paintedbanjo@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
          > > plugin,codec,another player???Please help
          > >
          > > Thanks-Sergio
          > >
          > Listening the music from archives doesn´t work al all here today,
          too.
          > I´m worrying that´s the END of Redhotjazz site announced before
          > (because of stupid copyrights).
          > So terribly sorry !!! drelef
          >
          > [Moderation : please don't panic! Unless Scott tells use otherwise,
          this must be nothing but another temporary failure. The correct reply
          to Sergio is that realaudio streaming cannot be read by Windows Media
          Player at all, and never could. You need to install the free version
          of RealPlayer (from real.com I suppose, but I cannot tell you the
          detailed procedure because I am automatically redirected to the
          French site and I guess things work a bit differently)

          I hope You´re right. The REDHOTJAZZ is my most favorite site. Plenty
          of fascinating old music and musicians ... These news of ending
          redhotjazz were hoaxes, weren´t they. drelef

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
            From: "Ladislav"

            > I hope You´re right. The REDHOTJAZZ is my most favorite site. Plenty
            > of fascinating old music and musicians ... These news of ending
            > redhotjazz were hoaxes, weren´t they. drelef

            No hoaxes, just very serious questions from different points of view -
            legal, technical, financial... Unless I've been very absent-minded, I do not
            think Scott informed us of his final decision yet.
            Anyway, the unavailable soundfiles are a much older, recurrent, but quite
            different problem ;-)