can listen to tunes on archive

  • paintedbanjo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2007
      My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
      plugin,codec,another player???Please help

      Thanks-Sergio
    • Ladislav
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "paintedbanjo" <paintedbanjo@...>
        wrote:

        > My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
        > plugin,codec,another player???Please help
        >
        > Thanks-Sergio

        Listening the music from archives doesn´t work al all here today, too.
        I´m worrying that´s the END of Redhotjazz site announced before
        (because of stupid copyrights).
        So terribly sorry !!! drelef

        [Moderation : please don't panic! Unless Scott tells use otherwise, this must be nothing but another temporary failure. The correct reply to Sergio is that realaudio streaming cannot be read by Windows Media Player at all, and never could. You need to install the free version of RealPlayer (from real.com I suppose, but I cannot tell you the detailed procedure because I am automatically redirected to the French site and I guess things work a bit differently)
        P.]
      • Ron L
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
          What archive are you talking about, redhotjazz.com? search for and download
          Real Alternative if you are trying to play files from redhotjazz.

          Ron L

          My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
          plugin,codec,another player???Please help

          Thanks-Sergio

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Ladislav
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Ladislav" <drelef@...> wrote:

            > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "paintedbanjo" <paintedbanjo@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > My windows media player will not stream the music,do i need a
            > > plugin,codec,another player???Please help
            > >
            > > Thanks-Sergio
            > >
            > Listening the music from archives doesn´t work al all here today,
            too.
            > I´m worrying that´s the END of Redhotjazz site announced before
            > (because of stupid copyrights).
            > So terribly sorry !!! drelef
            >
            > [Moderation : please don't panic! Unless Scott tells use otherwise,
            this must be nothing but another temporary failure. The correct reply
            to Sergio is that realaudio streaming cannot be read by Windows Media
            Player at all, and never could. You need to install the free version
            of RealPlayer (from real.com I suppose, but I cannot tell you the
            detailed procedure because I am automatically redirected to the
            French site and I guess things work a bit differently)

            I hope You´re right. The REDHOTJAZZ is my most favorite site. Plenty
            of fascinating old music and musicians ... These news of ending
            redhotjazz were hoaxes, weren´t they. drelef

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2007
              From: "Ladislav"

              > I hope You´re right. The REDHOTJAZZ is my most favorite site. Plenty
              > of fascinating old music and musicians ... These news of ending
              > redhotjazz were hoaxes, weren´t they. drelef

              No hoaxes, just very serious questions from different points of view -
              legal, technical, financial... Unless I've been very absent-minded, I do not
              think Scott informed us of his final decision yet.
              Anyway, the unavailable soundfiles are a much older, recurrent, but quite
              different problem ;-)