Bix Vigil

  • Albert Haim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      Bix Beiderbecke, the jazz genius from Davenport, Iowa, died on August
      6, 1931. Every year, a group of Bixophiles gathers in front of Bix's
      last residence to pay tribute to his musical legacy. Paul Maringelli
      organizes the event and sends the following invitation.
      *************************

      The memorial for this jazz pioneer will be held on Saturday, August 4,
      2007 at the building where he lived his last days.

      It will begin at 6:00 pm
      at 43-12 46th (Bliss) Street, Sunnyside (Queens), NY
      (The All Saints Churchyard)
      With guest speakers and exhibits

      Featuring the music of Bix Beiderbecke performed by
      The Sunnyside Memorial Jazz Orchestra,

      A candlelight vigil will follow

      You are cordially invited to attend this annual community event. Bring
      a guest or two!
      Hope you are able to attend!

      Paul Maringelli, Chairman

      I hope as many of you within driving or subway distance will make it.
      I live in Eastern Long Island. I take the LIRR to Woodside and then
      the # 7.

      Albert