Re: The Alligator Crawl, Weary Blues, 12th Street Rag, Keyhole Blues etc. session

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2007
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Harwood" <banjo@...> wrote:

      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "tommersl" <tommersl@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I got the JSP box of Louis Armstrong and although I seems to
      recognize
      > > Johnny Dodds, JSP didn't write Dodds was present on this session.
      Are
      > > JSP correct on this?
      > > tommersl
      > >
      > And what a box set that is, too.
      > On the back cover to volume 2, it lists the personnel for the May 7
      > session first, including Johnny Dodds. Then there's "Chicago
      Breakdown"
      > from the 9th. Before the batch of tunes you listed it says, on the
      > left, "As for May 7".
      > So your ears are true, and the small print is correct too.

      Oh. Thanks. It is really good box the sound is better than what I
      have from Louis Armstrong. BTW I just got the Oliver on the
      Archeophone with that booklet. Some remarkable photos and great
      sound. It is the first time I hear Oliver wawas and feel like I
      understand the impact better. Definitely I know look at things
      slightly different. I also got 2 Johnny Dodds cd from Black Swan that
      I haven't listened to yet. It is actually Dodds the sideman but I'm
      looking forward to have time to listen to it. Thanks the
      recomendations members on this list supplied me, I have made what I
      believe is good choices so far. I also got Bubber Miley with
      Ellington and Leecan/Cooksey on Document-Records.
      tommersl