Possible reprieve - albeit temporary

  • Steve Perrigo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
      http://tinyurl.com/2dnnn6

      Scott,

      What does this mean for the Red Hot Jazz site?
    • Neal Pomea
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
        It's good news for small Internet radio stations, but I don't think
        Red Hot Jazz was EVER an Internet radio station, even though the Web
        site says he believes it is. An Internet radio station streams one
        song at a time that all its users are listening to at the same time.
        A Web site like his or mine can have multiple visitors each
        listening to unique songs at the same time.

        I would just recommend that Scott update his copyright information,
        because it is easier than it used to be for listeners to capture
        streams and save them to their computers. The current wording is
        just a bit outdated.

        Perhaps a disclaimer to the effect that if anyone claiming copyright
        objects to his Web site's distribution, let him know and he will
        consider removal.

        Internet radio stations need to continue being vigilant!

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Perrigo" <sperrigo@...>