Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: The End Of The Red Hot Jazz Archive?... O NO!!!!

  • David Richoux
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2007
      Don't forget the recording musicians in your list of outstretched
      palms! The AFM is in total support of anything that will get their
      folks a few more pennies per play. Under some versions of these laws
      we have seen, radio stations (broadcast AND Internet) will have to
      provide (for every song played) album and song title, recording date,
      the names of the lead artists, sidemen, producers, engineers, the
      coffee Gofer and the janitors that cleaned up the studio... well,
      maybe not the last two.

      Just imagine how hard that is for a station like KFJC - we get
      recordings from all over the world, independently produced with liner
      notes (if they even exist) in a multitude of languages (including
      symbols, puns, illegible scribbles and finger prints - I am not
      making this up!) We have a staff of about 60 student/volunteers - the
      task of providing all of that data to the government approved
      mobsters would overwhelm a station like KFJC. We have over 600,000
      LPs and other vinyl records in our library that were made before CDs
      and the "Digital Revolution" and even newer releases do not have all
      the info. Many groups have declared, in writing, that they do not
      want to be represented by this system - they probably would never
      have seen a penny of it anyway...

      David RIchoux
      (23+ year vol DJ at KFJC FM)