Re: [RedHotJazz] The Four Spades

  • Wouter MarĂ©chal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
      Does anyone know if this 1924 Clarence Williams group's two recordings
      have been reissued on LP or CD?

      Tracks recorded that year are on (The Chronological) Classics Records cd 679
      France, distrib. Melodie.

      MY OWN BLUES 28.07.24
      GRAVIER STREET BLUES 28.07.24
      TEXAS MOANER BLUES 17.10.24
      OF ALL THE WRONGS you done to me vET 06.11.24
      EVERYBODY LOVES MY BABY... vET 06.11.24

      cd 695

      MANDY, MAKE UP YOUR MIND vET 17.12.24
      I'M A LITTLE BLACKBIRD... vET 17.12.24

      The catalogue does not mention "The Four Spades", maybe on the liner notes
      but I don't have them at hand to check this info.

      All the best
      Wouter M..
    • spacelights
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2007
        Thanks Wouter,

        The Classics series didn't include this session... here are its details:

        The Four Spades New York; June 24, 1924

        Lorenzo Tio?-cl/Ernest Elliot-alt/Buddy Christian-bjo/Clarence Williams-p.

        81840-3 Squabblin' Blues Columbia 14028-D
        81841-3 Making Up Blues " "

        I think it may be one of very few Clarence records not to have been
        reissued...?

        Cheers,

        John

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Wouter Maréchal