Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: The End Of The Red Hot Jazz Archive?

    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 2, 2007
      From: "tommersl"

      > I'm not 100% sure about it but I think its the servers location that
      > counts, not the domain name! Otherwise its easy to create a new domain
      > and redirect to it!
      > Tommersl

      That seems very logical, but my concern is : what if... the fact that
      http://redhotjazz.com belongs to Scott means that he is responsible for the
      content, as an American citizen, whatever the location of the site's files?
      I suspect that there won't be any need to transfer them anyway (Neal's reply
      and the notion of "weighing risks" seem to me quite satisfactory, all the
      more so when I think of some websites which do not only make pre-war
      material available, but also have nerves to *sell* pre-1930 sound files for
      which they cannot claim any kind of rights!!!) but I've still asked the
      question about what defines a website's "nationality", and expect a bunch of
      replies from different groups. Even useless efforts in order to save
      redhotjazz won't be actually "wasted".

      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2007
        From: "tommersl"