Re: The End Of The Red Hot Jazz Archive?

  • Sean Moyses
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 2, 2007
      Scott. In no way should the RHJA be lost. It would be like throwing a
      whole generation of hope and musical gifts away. I can see an awful lot
      of people going to places like India ( which is a very high tech nation
      indeed) to host websites. Hang in there and lets see what happens. My
      own Trad. Jazz Radio is also under threat since the host Live365 are US
      based.
      Best wishes and don't lose faith.
      Sean Moyses
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2007
        From: "tommersl"

        > I'm not 100% sure about it but I think its the servers location that
        > counts, not the domain name! Otherwise its easy to create a new domain
        > and redirect to it!
        > Tommersl

        That seems very logical, but my concern is : what if... the fact that
        http://redhotjazz.com belongs to Scott means that he is responsible for the
        content, as an American citizen, whatever the location of the site's files?
        I suspect that there won't be any need to transfer them anyway (Neal's reply
        and the notion of "weighing risks" seem to me quite satisfactory, all the
        more so when I think of some websites which do not only make pre-war
        material available, but also have nerves to *sell* pre-1930 sound files for
        which they cannot claim any kind of rights!!!) but I've still asked the
        question about what defines a website's "nationality", and expect a bunch of
        replies from different groups. Even useless efforts in order to save
        redhotjazz won't be actually "wasted".