Re: The End Of The Red Hot Jazz Archive?

  • Jack Henderson
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 1, 2007
      Thank You David and Linda! Sorry for the misunderstanding Patrice!!

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, David Richoux <tubaman@...> wrote:

      > Maybe what he is getting at is this:
      > Tower Records went bankrupt as of last year...

      RARELY DOES ANY MAJOR LABEL DO JUSTICE TO THEIR STABLE OF RECORDING
      ARTISTS OF THE PAST

      > In other words: FAT CHANCE!
      >
      > David Richoux

      I do hope that Scott leaves his website up so we may continue to
      peruse the information and recording data he has gathered...a fine
      job!
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2007
        From: "tommersl"

        > I'm not 100% sure about it but I think its the servers location that
        > counts, not the domain name! Otherwise its easy to create a new domain
        > and redirect to it!
        > Tommersl

        That seems very logical, but my concern is : what if... the fact that
        http://redhotjazz.com belongs to Scott means that he is responsible for the
        content, as an American citizen, whatever the location of the site's files?
        I suspect that there won't be any need to transfer them anyway (Neal's reply
        and the notion of "weighing risks" seem to me quite satisfactory, all the
        more so when I think of some websites which do not only make pre-war
        material available, but also have nerves to *sell* pre-1930 sound files for
        which they cannot claim any kind of rights!!!) but I've still asked the
        question about what defines a website's "nationality", and expect a bunch of
        replies from different groups. Even useless efforts in order to save
        redhotjazz won't be actually "wasted".