Re: [RedHotJazz] The End Of The Red Hot Jazz Archive?

  • Andrew Homzy
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 26, 2007
      What if the RHJA were restricted to members only? Wouldn't that
      resolve the problem?

      Cheers,

      Andrew Homzy, Montréal

      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2007
        From: "tommersl"

        > I'm not 100% sure about it but I think its the servers location that
        > counts, not the domain name! Otherwise its easy to create a new domain
        > and redirect to it!
        > Tommersl

        That seems very logical, but my concern is : what if... the fact that
        http://redhotjazz.com belongs to Scott means that he is responsible for the
        content, as an American citizen, whatever the location of the site's files?
        I suspect that there won't be any need to transfer them anyway (Neal's reply
        and the notion of "weighing risks" seem to me quite satisfactory, all the
        more so when I think of some websites which do not only make pre-war
        material available, but also have nerves to *sell* pre-1930 sound files for
        which they cannot claim any kind of rights!!!) but I've still asked the
        question about what defines a website's "nationality", and expect a bunch of
        replies from different groups. Even useless efforts in order to save
        redhotjazz won't be actually "wasted".