Re: Discography

  • srdaven
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2007
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Amato" <vintagetenor@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Does anyone out there know whether a discography in existence that
      > lists all the known recordings of all the known popular songs (Tin Pan
      > Alley, show tunes, movie tunes, etc.) as well as jazz tunes, say, from
      > the 1890s - 1920s? What I'm envisioning would include all known jazz,
      > dance band and vocal recordings as well. It would be basically a song
      > list with the known recordings for each one included. Does such a
      > discography exist?
      >
      > There is mini a list of jazz recordings in my edition of Rust's "Jazz
      > Records", but I'd like something that would have a much greater scope.
      > It would undoubtedly comprise many print volumes.
      >
      > Thaks
      >
      > Mike

      Over on the Dixielandjazz Mailing List, many of the members refer to
      just such a discography...searchable by tune name, artist, or a
      combination thereof. It's not in print, it's a bit of software, and
      subject to periodic updates. I cannot recall the name, but if you
      search the DJML archives
      (http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/) you might find a
      link or reference.

      HTH,