Hello from the Isle of Arran.

  • Robert Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2007
      Welcome, Mark, and thanks for your list of strong interests. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I was at a concert with the Crane River Jazz Band in the 1950's. I remember the band I heard then (whoever they were) as a tight-knit and well-balanced unit.

      Your tastes seem to run fairly parallell to mine, although Jelly Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers feature high on my list. I'm afraid the "Halfway House Orchestra" has never been a favourite of mine, they sound a bit too messy for my taste, and I've never heard the "Boll Weevil Jass Band". I'm also a keen fan of the small groups - Lovie Austin, Jimmy Blythe, Jimmy Bertrand just to name a few.

      Regards,

      Bob Smith