"Guinness Jazz Companion" available

  • David W. Littlefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007
      I just ordered 5 copies of this book from Amazon.com

      "The Guinness Jazz Companion"
      Peter Clayton; Paperback; $14.95

      Basically a reader's guide to mainly red hot jazz and UK trad. One
      still needs Chilton for biography, but it answers questions like
      "What is a Bix?" Loads of photos, maps of key city jazz areas, etc.
      One of my all-time favorite jazz books.

      I hadn't realized it was still in print, so I grabbed a bunch to make
      available to friends and colleagues.

      --Sheik
      Dave Littlefield banjo, piano, guitar, washboard
      http://americanmusiccaravan.com
    • Dan Van Landingham