Alex Hyde (oops!)

  • ikey100
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
      Oops! After simply browsing Rust, I should have done an internet
      search. I immediately see that H.J.P. Bergmeier and Rainier Lotz have
      authored a bio-discography on Alex Hyde, and the description says
      American leader and sideman, WWI Navy Band, Mike Danzi's Red Devils,
      Paul Whiteman, The Red Heads, etc. Still, if someone wishes to give
      some additional summary I would welcome it.
      Warren
    • Dan Van Landingham

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
          Alex Hyde has an entry, by Dr. Rainer Lotz, in The New Grove Dictionary of
          Jazz.

          Born ?Hamburg, Germany 17 Feb 1898
          Died Santa Monica, CA, 7 July 1956

          Family emigrated to U.S. when he was 2. Played in New York 1919-1922, toured
          with his Romance of Rhythm orchestra, 1922-3.

          Toured and recorded in Germany with two different bands, 1924-5.

          After returning to U.S. formed a talent agency, led air force band, later
          worked in Hollywood.

        • Mordechai Litzman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
            Would suggest to first search the redhotjazz.com site before Google. Not less than some 27 recordings by Alex Hyde are available to listen to, all from Berlin 1924-25.

            ikey100 <wlmoorman3@yahoo. com> wrote: Oops! After simply browsing Rust, I should have done an internet

            search. I immediately see that H.J.P. Bergmeier and Rainier Lotz have

            authored a bio-discography on Alex Hyde, and the description says

            American leader and sideman, WWI Navy Band, Mike Danzi's Red Devils,

            Paul Whiteman, The Red Heads, etc. Still, if someone wishes to give

            some additional summary I would welcome it.

            Warren

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
            #ygrp-text{