I'm passing on information I received from John Wilby of Jazz Oracle
concerning their new release.
Gerard J. Fitzpatrick
The Edison CD is now available ... we're a little behind in getting
website updated. It features a selection of the hotter sides by
His Queensland Orchestra. You'll find the details below.
Oreste and His Queensland Orchestra
Oreste Migliaccio (p) directing a group probably drawn from: Frank
McNellis-Tom Kells (t), Jack King (tb), Lou Savarese and another
Hal Stumkoff (ts), Ralph Esposito (bjo), Joe Tarto (bb), Joe Curran
is possible that Red Nichols (t), Miff Mole (tb) and Jimmy Dorsey
either individually or together, augmented the band on this date.
New York, October 13, 1926
1. 11214-F Ev'rything's Peaches (For Peaches And Me)
(Harry D. Squires) Edison 51857
Oreste Migliaccio (p) directing probably: Frank McNellis-Tom Kells
King (tb), Lou Savarese-?Jimmy Dorsey or Don Murray (reeds), Hal
(ts), Ralph Esposito (bjo), Joe Tarto (bb), Joe Curran (d), Arthur
(v). Jimmy Dorsey and/or Don Murray are included as possible
based on the report by Lou Savarese that they were used on some
there is nothing audible on these sides to suggest their presence.
New York, November 19, 1926
2. 11322-B Thinking Of You (I've Grown So Lonesome)
(Walter Donaldson-Paul Ash)-vAF Edison 51885
3. 11323-A Hello! Swanee-Hello! (Sam Coslow and
Addy Britt) -vAF Edison 51886
Jack Davis (t,v) replaces McNellis.
New York, March 24, 1927
4. 11603-A I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover (Mort Dixon
and Harry Woods) -vJD Edison 51983
Jack Kaufman-J. Donald Parker (v).
New York, May 4, 1927
5. 11684-C High Hat Harry (Jack Lesoir, Ray Doll &
Kenneth Casey) -vJK Edison 52017
6. 11685-A Rosy Cheeks (Seymour Simons &
Richard A. Whiting) -vJDP Edison 52017
New York, June 24, 1927
7. 11763-A She's Got "It!" (Benny Davis-Harry Akst-L. Wolfe
Gilbert) -vAF Edison 52058
Unknown (Jew's harp) added.
New York, July 29, 1927
8. 11823-A Eyeful Of You (Al Dubin & J. Fred Coots) -vAF Edison
Unknown (bar) added.
New York, November 25, 1927
9. 18059-C I'm Walkin' On Air (---) -vJK Test
10. 18060-B When The Morning Glories Wake Up In The Morning (Then
I'll Kiss Your Two Lips Good-Night) (---) -vJK Test
New York, December 9, 1927
11. 18095-A I'm Walkin' On Air (Wm. Tracey and Dan
Dougherty) -vJDP Edison 52167
12. 18096-A When The Morning Glories Wake Up In The Morning
(Then I'll Kiss Your Two Lips Good-Night)
(Billy Rose and Fred Fisher) -vJDP Edison 52169
Note: The vocalist is credited to "Happy Jack" on Edison 52167 and
As above, but Lou Auglieri (reeds) replaces Savarese. Jimmy Dorsey
the second reedman on this side. The Songsters (Vic Hall & Ken
New York, February 1, 1928
13. 18159-H Danger! (Look Out For That Gal) (Chas. O'Flynn &
Eddie Kilfeather) -vS Edison 52214
Dorsey and Murray, if present before, are now omitted; Bert Dixon
New York, March 26,1928
14. 18336-C Lila (Archie Gottler-Charles Tobias-Maceo
Pinkard) -vBD Edison 52273
15. 18337-C Borneo (Walter Donaldson) -vBD Edison 52272
Unknown (ocarina) added.
New York, August 23, 1928
16. 18675-A Anything You Say! (Walter Donaldson) -vJDP Edison 52383
Note: The vocalist is credited to "Happy Jack" on Edison 52383.
Theo. Alban (v).
New York, December 5, 1928
17. 18920-B Where The Shy Little Violets Grow (Gus Kahn-
Harry Warren)-vTA Edison 52560
18. 18921-B Cross Roads (Klages-Axt-Mendoza) -vTA Edison 52466
The Rollickers (usually Arthur Hall, John Ryan, Ed Smalle)(v).
New York, May 17, 1929
19. 19199-A Me And The Clock (Tick-i-ty Tock And You)
(Meskill-Mann-Wendling) -vR Edison 52592
1 Reid Manor
Canada M8Y 2H8