Peter Müller

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      I must sadly report the death on 18 April in Berlin of the great German New
      Orleans clarinettist and altoist Peter Müller at the age of 60. He was
      founder of one of the finest European New Orleans bands, the White Eagle,
      and when I heard him recently was still playing fine and original music
      within the N.O. tradition. He had previously spent time in N.O. in the 60s
      and worked there with such as George & Cap'n John. I recommend especially a
      wonderful album with the White Eagle and Ken Colyer and a trio recording
      with Trevor Richards and Butch Thompson.