Hot Ben Bernie

  • Mike Amato
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2007
      Hi All,

      Can anyone tell me who that hot alto sax soloist is on those Ben Bernie
      and his Hotel Roosevelt Orchestra Vocalions of 1923-24? He sure
      reminds me of Bobby Scott a little, but I don't think it is him.

      Thanks!

      Mike Amato
    • vintagetenor

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2007
          Jack Pettis joined Ben Bernie's orchestra in 1924. Pettis played
          clarinet, C melody and tenor sax.

          Albert

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Amato" <vintagetenor@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Can anyone tell me who that hot alto sax soloist is on those Ben Bernie
          > and his Hotel Roosevelt Orchestra Vocalions of 1923-24? He sure
          > reminds me of Bobby Scott a little, but I don't think it is him.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Mike Amato

        • vintagetenor
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 19, 2007
            Hi Albert,

            Thanks. But the saxophonist I was thinking of is present on Bernie's "Swingin Down the Lane", which was recorded in Feb. '23.

            Mike