Re: Guy Kelly

  • ikey100
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2007
      Indeed, I somehow missed it in your earlier post, Micheal. Thanks for
      the reply.

      Warren

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@...>
      wrote:

      > Well, I did say that it was the Ammons Rhythm Kings with Tatum in
      place of Ammons in my recent mail on Kelly. The source was an article
      by Chris Hillman in the online Jazz Gazette (thejazzgazette.be):

      > "... an obscure title by the pianist Art Tatum, who normally
      preferred to play solo. This one was never issued, and has only
      turned up via a test pressing. On examination, it seems to be the
      same group as the one in which Kelly recorded a month later with
      Albert Ammons, though with the pianist and leader replaced by Tatum.
      That would make Delbert Bright his partner on clarinet and alto, with
      Ike Perkins guitar, Israel Crosby bass and Jimmy Hoskins on drums.
      The title Take Me Back To My Boots and Saddle indicates that the
      vocal is not to be taken seriously."