Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Guy Kelly

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2007
      Well, I did say that it was the Ammons Rhythm Kings with Tatum in place of Ammons in my recent mail on Kelly. The source was an article by Chris Hillman in the online Jazz Gazette (thejazzgazette.be):

      "... an obscure title by the pianist Art Tatum, who normally preferred to play solo. This one was never issued, and has only turned up via a test pressing. On examination, it seems to be the same group as the one in which Kelly recorded a month later with Albert Ammons, though with the pianist and leader replaced by Tatum. That would make Delbert Bright his partner on clarinet and alto, with Ike Perkins guitar, Israel Crosby bass and Jimmy Hoskins on drums. The title Take Me Back To My Boots and Saddle indicates that the vocal is not to be taken seriously."

      Michael Rader

      > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

    • ikey100
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2007
        Indeed, I somehow missed it in your earlier post, Micheal. Thanks for
        the reply.

        Warren

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@...>