Re: 20s music book

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 29, 2007
      I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
      academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
      this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I can
      get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?

      Thanks,

      Chris
    • Ron L'Herault
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 5:31 PM
        Mississippirag.com will give you names and maybe websites.

        Ron L

        I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
        academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
        this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I can
        get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?

        Thanks,

        Chris

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2 2:29 AM
          One of the best and comprehensive sites out there is at:

          http://www.redhotjazz.com/index.htm

          Many singers, band, discography, etc. Check it out.

          Bill Boone

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chrisforliberty@...> wrote:

          > I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
          > academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
          > this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I can
          > get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Chris

        • tommersl
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2 4:38 PM
            > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chrisforliberty@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
            > > academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
            > > this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I
            can
            > > get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Chris

            I didn't find any site about current (?) singers/bands (I understand
            you mean a site that is dedicated to all contemporary hot jazz
            bands/groups/orchestras/artists).
            Tommersl
          • Stuart MacBeth
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3 5:19 AM
              Hello

              There are a few contemporary exponents of hot music listed on our site www.myspace.com/theoriginalrabbitfootspasmband and it is jolly nice to see them there too. Hopefully we can all start up a rhythm club someday and exchange catalogue numbers galore

              Stuart

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 5 4:03 AM
                dear jazzfriends,

                could someone tell me how i can get off the mailinglist?
                i don´t know how it works and there are to many mails for my
                mailserver...

                thx and happy eastern,

                nik

                -------- Original-Nachricht --------
                Datum: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:19:44 +0000 (GMT)
                Von: Stuart MacBeth <stuartmacbeth@...>
                An: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
                Betreff: Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: 20s music book

                > Hello
                >
                > There are a few contemporary exponents of hot music listed on our site
                > www.myspace.com/theoriginalrabbitfootspasmband and it is jolly nice to see
                > them there too. Hopefully we can all start up a rhythm club someday and
                > exchange catalogue numbers galore
                >
                > Stuart

              • Niklas Reinicke

                  Datum: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:19:44 +0000 (GMT)
                  Von: Stuart MacBeth <stuartmacbeth@...>
                  An: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 5 4:42 AM
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 5 4:46 AM
                      > There's a link at the bottom of *each* message received from the group :

                      And for some reason it vanished from my own :

                      > Just click, press "reply" and send;
                      No, click and send.