20s music book

  • dwlit@cpcug.org
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 27 11:03 AM
      The following is an excellant overview.

      Shaw, Arnold. The Jazz Age: Popular music in the 1920's. Oxford University
      Press, 1987. Out of Print. This goody describes American popular and show
      music during the period; Jazz was one of these forms and interacted in a
      number of ways with the other music. Essential to show the proper place of
      jazz in the American music scene but is more a basic introduction for
      anyone interested in the period.

      --Sheik
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 29 3:35 PM
        I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
        academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
        this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I can
        get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?

        Thanks,

        Chris
      • Ron L'Herault
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2007
          Mississippirag.com will give you names and maybe websites.

          Ron L

          I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
          academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
          this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I can
          get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?

          Thanks,

          Chris

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Doc
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
            One of the best and comprehensive sites out there is at:

            http://www.redhotjazz.com/index.htm

            Many singers, band, discography, etc. Check it out.

            Bill Boone

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chrisforliberty@...> wrote:

            > I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
            > academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
            > this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I can
            > get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Chris

          • tommersl
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
              > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chrisforliberty@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I've always enjoyed a variety of musical styles. I'm not a real
              > > academic on the subject, but I'm going to study as much as I can on
              > > this subject so I can be more prepared. Is there any site where I
              can
              > > get information on current jazz singers and/or bands?
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > >
              > > Chris

              I didn't find any site about current (?) singers/bands (I understand
              you mean a site that is dedicated to all contemporary hot jazz
              bands/groups/orchestras/artists).
              Tommersl
            • Stuart MacBeth
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
                Hello

                There are a few contemporary exponents of hot music listed on our site www.myspace.com/theoriginalrabbitfootspasmband and it is jolly nice to see them there too. Hopefully we can all start up a rhythm club someday and exchange catalogue numbers galore

                Stuart

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 5, 2007
                  dear jazzfriends,

                  could someone tell me how i can get off the mailinglist?
                  i don´t know how it works and there are to many mails for my
                  mailserver...

                  thx and happy eastern,

                  nik

                  -------- Original-Nachricht --------
                  Datum: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:19:44 +0000 (GMT)
                  Von: Stuart MacBeth <stuartmacbeth@...>
                  An: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
                  Betreff: Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: 20s music book

                  > Hello
                  >
                  > There are a few contemporary exponents of hot music listed on our site
                  > www.myspace.com/theoriginalrabbitfootspasmband and it is jolly nice to see
                  > them there too. Hopefully we can all start up a rhythm club someday and
                  > exchange catalogue numbers galore
                  >
                  > Stuart

                • Niklas Reinicke

                    Datum: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:19:44 +0000 (GMT)
                    Von: Stuart MacBeth <stuartmacbeth@...>
                    An: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 5, 2007
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 5, 2007
                        > There's a link at the bottom of *each* message received from the group :

                        And for some reason it vanished from my own :

                        > Just click, press "reply" and send;
                        No, click and send.