The Romantic School (w ingrediants)

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21 6:59 PM
      The 2nd important thing in the 1926 article is comparing between the
      romantic and true schools of Jazz. It is actually something Roger
      Pryor Dodge predicted that is to come, the definition of Swing as it
      was in the 1920's and in some of the Swing Bands of the 1930's was is
      in the "dancing" thread. As we know and was yet unknown, it the 1930's
      there were Swing Bands that were a continuum of the 1920's "Hot Bands"
      (although less as hard as the 1920's) and the Sweet bands that Roger
      Pryor Dodge describes in length along the article. And the fork was
      described, it was already coming up in 1926, and now we know that in
      the 1930's it was so strong it became a total dichotomy of Swing and
      Sweet bands. Theres to much written about it in the article that I
      can't type all of it, and I don't want to quote selectively because I
      might distort it as it's a whole lot, but in case someone can read it,
      it's not difficult to note that the romantic school is actually the
      seeds of the same Sweet school that was still very popular in the
      1930's and the impression from the article, it was the school that
      corrupted the jazz in essence and was a bad influence.

      Tommersl