Re: The Music of Coney Island

  • alfzampi
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2007
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Robbins"
      <coneyislandtodd@...> wrote:

      > I am working on a project of trying to document the live music
      scene in
      > Coney Island NY. I know that the ODJB played there as well as
      members
      > of the Memphis Five. I also know a bit about Jimmy Durante and
      some of
      > the ragtime music that was played there. Anything that can be
      added
      > would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Todd Robbins

      Hi Todd
      Phil Napoleon was my Uncle.He had I beleive four brothers.His brother
      Teddy was my Grandfather.He was a drummer.I know he played at Coney
      Island and Rockaway playlands in the 1940'My Uncle Marty's sons
      played with Louie Armstrong & Gene Krupa.Jimmie Durante also was with
      my Uncles band.I would like more info if you have anthing more?
      Thanks
      Al Zampieri tel 302-841-4155