When did jazz die?

  • pgronemeier
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2007
      Too expound on my previous post....I think jazz, or our jazz <trad
      Jazz> is dying....but not dead,,,,,,yet. Like I said earlier, and
      if I am correct about the ORIGINAL question and understood it properly,
      I've thought about this for 30 some yrs. and using TV as an analogy,
      We in the states <some of us> can remember, say, 'All in the family',
      or, "Gilligans Island'. or maybe even 'Leave it to Beaver' , those
      programs are gone now.....but we now can click on the cable box and see
      them EVEN better than we did 30, 40 yrs ago. Jazz isnt dead... I've
      been asked a thousand times if Big Bands are dead....noooo....you just
      have to support it. minstral music is not dead....March music is not
      dead, and Classical music is not dead. And when I hear P.Diddy
      Rap 'Darktown strutters Ball' i'll know that our music is not
      dead just kidding