Wonderful Fleisher 1930 cartoon

  • Robert Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2007
      Yes, Elliot, you are right. It was Don Redman and his Orchestra who provided the music for "Swing You Sinners".

      I don't know whether Don Redman made any recordings with his Orchestra in 1930, but he was with McKinney's Cotton Pickers at this time.

      Regards

      Bob Smith

    • Albert Haim
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2007
        Who is the trumpet player at about 6 min 30 sec? Could it be Joe Smith?

        Albert

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Smith" <robert.smith@...>