Wonderful Fleisher 1930 cartoon

  • elliotfeldman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2007
      Here it is on YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8isnhYMjg> .
      There were so many great Hot Jazz songs in Fleisher cartoons thanks to
      animator Willard Bowsky. This one has an incredible version of "Swing
      You Sinners." Can anyone identify the group? It sounds a lot like Don
      Redman to me.

    • Robert Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2007
        Yes, Elliot, you are right. It was Don Redman and his Orchestra who provided the music for "Swing You Sinners".

        I don't know whether Don Redman made any recordings with his Orchestra in 1930, but he was with McKinney's Cotton Pickers at this time.

        Regards

        Bob Smith

      • Albert Haim
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2007
          Who is the trumpet player at about 6 min 30 sec? Could it be Joe Smith?

          Albert

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Smith" <robert.smith@...>