More Than You Ever Wanted To Know About Saxi Holtsworth

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23 12:39 PM
      Lately I've been researching Gene Greene "The Ragtime King" by going
      through all of the issues of Variety from 1905 to 1930 on microfilm at
      the UC Berkeley library. In the process of doing this I'm running across
      all kinds of wonderful stuff about early jazz. I'm printing out all of
      the reviews of jazz bands that I find and I probably get around to
      compiling this information on the Red Hot Jazz Archive someday.

      I've always been intrigued by the photo of Saxi Holtsworth's Harmony
      Hounds that you can see here: http://www.redhotjazz.com/saxiinfo.html so
      I was quite pleased to find a lot of information about the band in
      Variety. I've updated the text on http://www.redhotjazz.com/saxi.html to
      include some of this information.

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive