Re: Why do we know so little about Odell Rand?

  • Robert Greenwood
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2007
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
      <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

      > Thank you to Howard. I see, once again, the by-now expected anomalies
      > and contradictions regarding birthdates, but we do now have Alabama
      as
      > a probable birthplace for Rand.

      Oops! Sorry, Howard! You did say in your e-mail that Rand was born in
      Illinois and that it was his parents who were from Alabama. Can we
      conclude, then, that in Rand we have an instance of a musician not born
      in the south but whose style derives from having heard ex-pat New
      Orleanians in Chicago?

      Robert G.