HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARNEY!

  • Nicola Ardenghi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2007
      One of the best clarinetists of Jazz history was born 101 years ago. He died 27 years ago, but
      he's still living in the memory of Classic Jazz fans with his artistry and unique stlye.
      Happy Birthday, Barney Bigard!

      Nicola
    • spacelights
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2007
        A very great musician indeed... I like his real first name: Albany.
        His autobiography 'With Louis and The Duke' is full of interesting
        material. Incidentally, I can't think of anyone else who recorded
        with Oliver, Morton, Armstrong, and Ellington.