Re: [RedHotJazz] Revival Down Under

  • Andrew Homzy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2007
      I recall seeing a film/video of Turk Murphy's band in which it showed
      couples dancing.

      Just-about every kind of club/bar/restaurant with music I ever saw -
      in my limited experience, and prior to 1970 - had a "dance floor",
      however tiny. Many places had a "bandstand" - some, barely large-
      enough for a solo accordionist. Furthermore, it was remarkable how
      many places had a piano - in some cases, hidden-away until someone
      asked for it. In the end, the pianos were sold to buy "disco lights".

      Cheers,

      Andrew Homzy, Montréal