RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Bill Russell

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 21, 2007
      Robert.

      Many thanks again for sharing your wisdom with us --er --us ? Me ?

      We have previously discussed here the McIntyre clarinet. The sleeve of the
      Good Time reissue of the Jazz Mans, written by Stuart, informs that McIntyre
      bought two second-hand clarinets and offered them to George who chose one.
      But the note says specifically that they were both Boehms. No wonder George
      did not sound as good as on his old accustomed Albert. This also illustrates
      the supreme ignorance of the West Coast mafia and the degree of subservience
      to which a great musician like George felt obliged.