RE: [RedHotJazz] Digest Number 84

  • contijoch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14 11:24 AM
      Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:32:58 +0200
      From: Pavel Pitra <Pavel.Pitra@...>
      Subject: Tramp Band / Painting the Clouds...

      Checking my database, I see that Painting The Clouds from "Dime Store Dance
      Bands" was recorded by Sid Garry (Al Foster)
      and issued on Romeo 1091, recorded 1929

      All The Best

      Luis Contijoch

      <Similarly, I got from a friend a CD copy of the Sunbeam LP "Dime Store
      Dance Bands". There is a recording of "Painting <the Clouds with Sunshine",
      but no orchestra name or recording dates are indicated.
      <This version differs from the 7 other versions by different bands that I
      have, so I still don't know who recorded it. I <would be grateful to anyone
      who has this LP and managed to identify the group to share this information
      with me...

      <Thanks a lot in advance!

      <All the best,

      <Pavel