Re:Jimmie wade & His Dixielanders(was sam morgan's band)

  • islay77
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
      What was the connection between sam Morgan & Jimmie wade?

      Definitely 'Punch' Miller with 'Sweet Emma' on the Cincinnatti Kid
      sound track.Other recognisable musicians are George Lewis & alan jaffe.
    • Ron L'Herault
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
        Back in the early 1960s, I had bought a Webcor monaural tape recorder and
        discovered New Orleans Jazz being broadcast on WGBH TV from Boston. I used
        to record the soundtrack onto the tape recorder. Since we had only one TV
        at the time, it forced the rest of the family to watch the show. Sweet Emma
        was on one program and my dad was quite amazed at the look of her. A week
        or so later, he and my mom went to see the "Cincinnati Kid". He returned
        home very excited to tell me that he had seen Sweet Emma in the film. I'll
        bet he was one of very few film goers who knew who she was. 8-).

        Ron

        What was the connection between sam Morgan & Jimmie wade?

        Definitely 'Punch' Miller with 'Sweet Emma' on the Cincinnatti Kid
        sound track.Other recognisable musicians are George Lewis & alan jaffe.

        Yahoo! Groups Links