Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Joe Clark

  • Leif R. Blom
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2007
      Yes, just another little "Stump", so to say.
      A pity we can´t hear more of that.
      Thank you anyhow.
      yarel 41

      Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...> wrote:
      Thanks for the info - another jazz mystery person ....

      Howard Rye <howard@...> wrote: on 29/1/07 20:28, Mordechai Litzman at folke613@... wrote:

      >Always thought that it was Stump Evans playing. How do we know that it's not
      >him?

      >Martin <martin@...
      ><mailto:martin%40signaturestrategies.com> > wrote:
      >According to my copy of Rust's "Jazz Records", those two were the only
      >sessions Joe Clark participated in, at least under his own name. Too
      >bad, Jim.

      Joe Clark's name was confirmed by George Mitchell, who recalled him as "A
      little guy about my size" and said he had played with him at the Dreamland
      with Lil Hardin (Storyville 45, p.85).

      There seems to be a grat dearth of other information about him.

      These sessions were originally entered in the Columbia Files as by
      "Armstrong's Band" (meaning Lil of course) and the Bootblacks/Wanderers noms
      de disques were only thought up later.