Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Jimmie Wade and his Dixielanders (was Sam Morgan's Jazz Band)

  • Peter L. Reid
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2007
      At 02:59 PM 1/6/2007, you wrote:

      >To my ears, Rodgers sings "T for Thelma, who thinks . . etc
      >
      >Bob

      I have 2 takes of "Gates Blues" with Jimmie Wade, Punch is on vocal.
      I also have a take recorded by Punch Miller and His Delegates of
      Pleasure,. recorded in NO in 1962 on American Music AMCD-57, again
      with Punch doing a vocal.
      On the latter version he sings a completely different 1st verse,
      combining "The rivers all in mourning" etc much the same as Sweet
      Emma on the soundtrack of "The Cincinatti Kid" (again with Punch I think)
      The second verse is as follows (to the best of my interpretation)-
      T T for Texas, T T for Tenessee
      T for Texas, T T for Tenessee
      Or is it T for Tampa, who thinks the world & all, of me.

      Peter L.