Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Jimmie Wade and his Dixielanders (was Sam Morgan's Jazz Band)

  • Prof_Hi_Jinx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
      To my ears, Rodgers sings "T for Thelma, who thinks . . etc

      Bob

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2007
        At 02:59 PM 1/6/2007, you wrote:

        >To my ears, Rodgers sings "T for Thelma, who thinks . . etc
        >
        >Bob

        I have 2 takes of "Gates Blues" with Jimmie Wade, Punch is on vocal.
        I also have a take recorded by Punch Miller and His Delegates of
        Pleasure,. recorded in NO in 1962 on American Music AMCD-57, again
        with Punch doing a vocal.
        On the latter version he sings a completely different 1st verse,
        combining "The rivers all in mourning" etc much the same as Sweet
        Emma on the soundtrack of "The Cincinatti Kid" (again with Punch I think)
        The second verse is as follows (to the best of my interpretation)-
        T T for Texas, T T for Tenessee
        T for Texas, T T for Tenessee
        Or is it T for Tampa, who thinks the world & all, of me.

        Peter L.