Re: Sam Morgan's Jazz Band

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 5, 2007
      Robert: I don't know of a website that deciphers lyrics, but I do know
      of two rather old books that attempt to do so for blues lyrics. They
      are:

      "The Meaning of the Blues" (originally "Blues Fell this Morning") by
      Paul Oliver
      "The Blues Line" compiled by Eric Sackheim

      Both are certainly limited in that only one to ten items are transcribed
      for about 100 singers. Neither Louie or Sammy are represented, mostly
      country and classic blues singers.

      MartinJ
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"