Re: [RedHotJazz] Everybody don't know / Lily of the Valley

  • Tony Standish
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi.
      Another Lilly of the Valley was recorded in Melbourne, Ausrtralia by Graham
      Bennett's Hot Sands Jazz Band, back in December, 1963. It's on an East Audio
      EP EAS-004. The band included Frank Turville (tpt), Campbell Burnap (tbn),
      Paul Martin (clt), Willie Watt (bjo), Graham Bennett (d) and Ken Sluce (bs).
      Frank and Graham are no longer with us; Paul lives - and plays - in
      Tasmania; Campbell lives - and still plays, as far as I know - in London;
      Willie is still in Melbourne, still playing. I don't know what became of Ken
      Tony Standish (who wrote the sleeve notes).